My Family

My Family

About Me

My photo
Ashley B Photography specializes in newborn, children, and family photography in the Van Vleet-Houston area. I do on location photography which means you can do your photo shoot anywhere you like!

Friday, July 11, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We are finally moved in the house and have our internet back. I have been missing the blogging world without my internet. We love the house, finally getting settled and almost everything up and looking homey. We have so much more room and Steele loves his new big bedroom. I don't have pictures of it yet, we still have to put his bed up and the cornice boards. My wonderful mother-in-law is making all my curtains. She is doing a great job! My wonderful mother has helped us so much and I don't know what I would have done without her. She has been out here almost every night for several months helping me paint and everything else. Really, we couldn't have moved in here without her. I love the house and here are some pics.

This is the front door. Look at those floors, didn't they turn out great. My awesome husband did all of the work on the floors and he is so proud of them. He's even mopped them a time or two! The front door is beautiful. It has beveled glass in all three window panes.

This is the foyer and the door going to Steele's room. There is a large room when you walk in the front door so we split it up into a foyer and living room. I even have a plant that Deloris bought me. Maybe I can keep it alive:)


This is our entertainment center. I really like the old windows which I bought for really cheap and did nothing to them and think they look great!


This is the living room. One of my favorite things about this house is that big brick hearth. It was hard to find paint to go with it, but I love the brick!

This is John Paul's office/deer room. He is an avid hunter as you can tell and loves to display his trophies.



This is my green kitchen. I love the colors in here. All of my paint came from Sherwin Williams and I love all of it, but the green is one of my favorites. We painted all the cabinets and put the ceiling fan in here, got new countertops and a new sink. Everything else was already in the house.


This next picture is our bedroom. I really wanted chocolate walls and everyone kept telling me it would be to dark, but it turned out wonderful. The windows give lots of light so it's not dark at all. I got my bedspread at Ashley Home Store and loved it the minute I saw it. It fits perfectly.

This is Steele sleeping in his big boy bed. He still doesn't sleep all night but he loves to lay on it and watch his movies. I will post some pictures of his room later.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Hey Stranger! I think it has been a million years since we have talked and a billion since we have seen each other. LOVE the new house. Carly told me you had been redoing it so I thought I would check out the pics. CUTE, CUTE. I think we have just bought a house. We made an offer on Friday. If everything goes right we will be in next month. I cannot wait. We have alot of work to do to it. PLEASE, LETS ALL GET TOGETHER SOON!

That little boy is TOOOOO CUTE!
Oh yeah, Happy Birthday!! Talk to you soon.
Meg Crockett (in case you forgot)

The Texas VicHorns said...

Your new house is beautiful! How exciting for you guys. I am i love with the fireplace and your bedspread. Great job on the floors too!